Inclusion Nova Scotia
Job Opening for Executive Director
Inclusion Nova Scotia (Inclusion NS) is seeking a skilled and talented leader, excited to guide the revitalization of Inclusion NS in its long-standing commitment to children and adults with an intellectual disability and their families. Inclusion NS, a grassroots family advocacy organization, is poised to advance the full and meaningful inclusion of individuals with intellectual disabilities in every aspect of community life. We are embarking on a transformative journey to stand with and walk alongside individuals with intellectual disabilities and their families in creating new possibilities for promising lives from inclusive education to employment and community inclusion, across the lifespan.
We require a leader with a proven track-record, demonstrated leadership talents and excellent communication skills to achieve this transformation into a more effective advocacy organization that shapes policy and legislation; overcomes the obstacles limiting inclusion; creates innovative solutions; and enables individuals and families to realize their dreams. This position requires someone who has:
· clarity with respect to inclusion
· demonstrated knowledge and skills in facilitating inclusion
· ability to forge supportive relationships with families and individuals
· capacity to create and sustain community partnerships, including government relations
· ability to navigate complex systems and negotiate funding and supports for individuals and families
· knowledge for the provision of workshops, in-services and other training
As the Executive Director you will be responsible to the Board of Directors of Inclusion NS. Key responsibilities include:
· Leading the development and operationalization of the organization’s transformation
· Providing the Board with developmental learning opportunities
· Managing the development of Board approved strategic plans
· Ensuring the enaction of Board policies
· Hiring, directing and training staff ensuring common commitment to the organization’s values, vision, and goals
· Enacting and implementing the organization’s fund development activities.
The Executive Director will champion a vision that engages the broader community in supporting Inclusion NS’s mission, goals, strategies, and priorities to create the optimum climate for achievement. Energetic leadership, personal credibility and commitment to transparency, team building, and Board leadership will be hallmarks of the successful candidate’s skillset.
With the provincial office based in Halifax, the successful candidate will ideally be based in or near the Halifax Regional Municipality. Some travel will be required through the province.
Applicants may send their cover letter and resume to:
Executive Director Screening Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm AST on May 1, 2023.
We thank all applicants who have applied for the position, however only those applicants
selected for an interview will be contacted.