Has your mental or physical health been impacted by Covid 19?
We have some exciting news to share here at Inclusion NS! We have received a grant from our provincial Department of Health and Wellness. We can share the money from this grant with people who identify with having an intellectual disability or who are struggling with mental health or addictions. We understand that Covid-19 impacts people and families differently. We want to be flexible in sharing this funding with people and their families across the province. We will consider individual requests as we receive them.
This funding could help you and your family by:
· Providing gift cards from grocery stores if you do not have enough money to buy food.
· Providing money to get your groceries delivered if you don’t have a car or don’t have a grocery store nearby.
· Providing gift cards to buy gas so you can visit loved ones who live in Nova Scotia (depending on Public Health rules).
· Providing money for you to take a taxi to medical or other important appointments.
· Paying parking fees for hospital appointments or visiting people in hospital.
· Providing money for respite support for parents/family members who are responsible to provide 24-hour care for their loved one.
· Providing phones or tablets to families who are living apart from loved ones so they can communicate with them.
· Providing emergency money for prescription medications and/or other necessary items, when you ask.
· Providing recreational activities that can be done at home, such as jigsaw puzzles, art supplies, and board games.
This funding is to help people with intellectual disabilities and people who are struggling with mental health or addictions stay connected to their community during a difficult time. Poverty can make it hard for people to stay connected. We will consider any reasonable request for support.
You can download our Health and Wellness COVID-19 Relief Referral Form. You can send us a request for yourself or referral for somebody else. When you have finished filling the form, please send it by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions please call 902-469-1174 ext. 4.